Keith Fitzgerald, good guy
Vern Buchanan, my ethically-challenged Congressman, currently (actually I think this is the third time) under investigation by his tribe in the Congressional Ethics Committee, and previously investigated by Fed Election Commission and the FL AG, doesn’t need support from the little people.
A story in my paper this morning looks at funding so far for Vern and his challenger Keith Fitzgerald (go Keith go!).
First quarter funds:
- PACs: Vern 26.3%; Keith 17.9%
- “Other”: Vern 19.7%; Keith 0.3%
- Self: Vern 14.8%; Keith 0%
- Individuals: Vern 39.2%; Keith 81.7%
And Vern will win the prize. Count on it. USA! USA! USA!
My very own congressman, Vern Buchanan (R), has made yet another ‘most corrupt’ list. And this time he’s Number Two! (Vern is often under investigation right here at home too.)
This from The Street, the investment newsletter:
2011’s Most Corrupt
- Rep. Charles Bass (R-N.H.)
- Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-Fl.)
- Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.)
- Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. Frank Guinta (R-N.H.)
- Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.)
- Rep. Nick Rahall (D-W.V.)
- Rep. Laura Richardson (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Hal Rogers (R-Ky.)
- Rep. Jean Schmidt (R-Oh.)
- Sen. David Vitter (R-La.)
- Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.)
- Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.