Maybe if I just didn’t read the paper or maybe if Ed didn’t send me these links, I could spare myself the agony of the ugly. But he did and elvis help me I read it. So . . . let me share the joy.
Texas knows how to do things. How else to explain:
- Their students rank 47th in the nation in literacy
- Their students rank 49th in verbal SAT scores
- And their students rank 46th in math scores
- They have the highest birth rate in the country
- They rank third in teen pregnancies and
- They rank absolutely first in repeat teen pregnancies.
- They spend more federal money than any other state for abstinence programs. Because it’s really working for them.
At least they have Governor Good Hair.