What is it with these Republican men? They’re at it again in Congress because apparently contraception is still the enemy of freedom.
A Letter to the Editor in my paper a few weeks ago provided a nice list of religious beliefs and rules that are ignored, indeed violated, by civil law:
- The Catholic ban on divorce
- Muslim and Jewish laws about women and children
- Buddhist and HIndu prohibitions against killing animals
- Capital punishment
- Quakers and conscientious objectors pay taxes that finance wars
- Christian Scientist pay taxes to support medical care they abjure.