It’s been quite a week:
- Glenn Beck turned from a populist demagogue into our very lord and savior come back to earth to teach us a new history of western civilization;
- a disturbed man saw a gap in programming at the Discovery Channel, so he grabbed his guns and bombs and headed off to have a chat with them – it ended badly;
- caterpillars ate a pretty green shrub near my front door;
- the Iraq War is over;
- the Iraq War is not over;
- and my 98-year old father has found yet another new reason for living (don’t ask).
(And since we’re measuring increments of time here, how about this little measurement: today is the 330th day of the ninth year of the war in Afghanistan.)
We may need more than an oldie today. A laugh? Yeah, a laugh. So, before we go all sing song . . . this is only a minute, do not let your eyes wander and pay close attention.